-dining room set
- couch/sectional: not sure if we want a sectional, or a sectional with a chaise…or couch with chaise
- chair for the living area: Preston really wants a recliner. I’m ok with finding a recliner. (Can you find recliners that don’t like like recliners?? Help.)
I got to chatting with my friend, Ashley, tonight about all things furniture- refinishing, finding, buying and she got me looking on Craig’s List. I’m not a Craig’s List virgin..but da-ham, Craig is ADDICTING!!! Craig’s List had a TON of dining room options. See below. (And I swear to Craig, if I find out that any of you readers snatch up the item I might eventually decide upon, I’ll have to.. blog trash you, or something else really bad!) Keep in mind, the dining set needs to be comfortable and informal enough for two people, but fit 6-8 if needed.
Candidates:
Dining Table w/6 chairs - $125
Dining Table, no chairs - $195
I think square may not fit in the space we are thinking of…but how often do you really use the leaf? Love this look. Finding the perfect chairs may stress me out though.. on to the next one.
Dining Table w/3 chairs – get this---only $75!!
Dining Table w/6 chairs - $500
I think that one’s totally out. $500? After scouring Craig’s, I know I can find a better steal. But I love that look.
Dining Table w/6 chairs - $300
Next- couches. I’m not sure how I feel about buying a used couch. Even though Ashley swears you can find “clean” ones. How do you really know? Just kind of weirds me out. Comfort is super important to Preston/all guys. I don’t think I want leather. Leather=slipping and sliding=awkward and uncomfortable. Our two dogs shed. One more than the other, but its still dog hair. White dog hair. Although, I think I want a greyish, slate colored couch. Ashley found a few of these on JCPenney’s. I would’ve never thought to look there, but they look nice and affordable! Couches will have to be test driven (sat in by Preston) before we make a purchase, but I’m glad I’m preparing. Sorry Penney’s doesn’t let me save pics..
Couch 1 The Leather One– Contradicting everything I said above, I kind of like the look of this white leather! Please tell me if it’s tacky.
Couch 2 The Couch– Lovin the curves on the arms.
Couch 3 The Slip Covered One- Surprisingly, I LOVE the slipcover look. This would be perfect for us! Machine washable! Yes, please! Maybe this is the one.
What do ya’ll think? Any suggestions for other places to furniture shop on a budget? Which table is your favorite? Can’t wait for everything to come together! Until then, I’ll continue spending my Wednesday nights on Craig’s List :)
3 comments:
Hey EM! I love the couch ideas! We got ours at IKEA, i know yall don't have one there but there is one in Dallas. They have nice cheap furniture. We got a hide-a-bed that is like tan suede. It's a slip cover that is machine washable (since Cleo peed on it first day we got her) .. and they let you pick and choose what colors... for example, if we get sick of tan then we can go buy black. We like them cuz the slip covers fit eah individual cushion rather than a thing that goes over the whole couch. I can send you a pic if you wanna see it to get an idea. THis is the longest comment ever sorry!
You should definitely get a recliner!!!
I love the square dining table! Then you can find cool, different chairs to mix and match!
Post a Comment