Thursday brought ice..
Friday brought the snow..(mom-notice your bird pic)
**In cold, my rule is comfort over style..don’t judge. It was freezing :)
My little snow bunny LOVED the snow! He joined us on a walk..and lasted until the snow and ice started clumping on his little feet hair.
The snow hater…you can’t blame him. He has no extra hair or fat like Tuck. (I weighed Tucker on the wii fit today-he weighs 30 lbs!!! Too many treats?? I think so.)
I worked at home Thursday and Friday but somehow we managed to watch the entire first season of Dexter. I had attempted to add this much raved about show to my watching list a few months ago, but I wasn’t a huge fan. After watching the first season straight through, the whole house was hooked. I like messed up shows (Nip/Tuck & Snapped..Jersey Shore are some of my faves) and Dexter definitely falls into the same category. After day 2 of being snowed in we were able to get out and about yesterday. Preston and I had a yummy dinner of sushi and hibachi.
Today the roads are still bad..and being cooped up definitely gets me restless. So cooking has become my outlet. Friday I made pecan cookies. Today I made banana bread and potato soup for dinner. I don’t know if I’m quite ready to give up the family banana bread recipe…so below is Preston’s yummy spaghetti sauce recipe that he cooked last week. (sorry for the already eaten food in the pic..I couldn’t wait) I’ll post the potato soup recipe later this week.
Preston’s Spaghetti Sauce
| 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck |
| 1 large yellow onion chopped |
| small can of tomato paste |
| 2-3 glasses of water |
| 1 tsp salt |
| 1/2 tsp paprika |
| 1/8 tsp pepper |
| large can of sliced mushrooms |
I think the waiting and anticipation of the sauce is what makes it so good. That or the good ol’ southern love Preston manages to add…awwwww :) Anyway, it’s really good and can feed a lot of people. Good leftover or frozen as well. Enjoy!
Grammy post coming later!
No comments:
Post a Comment