Thursday, April 8, 2010

quick ramblings on paint and mustaches

I wish someone would've shared this with me once I had to have Rustoleum's Heirloom White for my own DIY projects. After reading all the love it got, from the who's who of refinishing and crafty bloggers I immediately began my search. My first stop was Lowe's. They didn't have it. Then another Lowe's..nothing. Long story short, after searching 3 local Lowe's, Targets, Wal-Marts (ick), Ace Hardwares and I can't remember if I tried Home Depot but for the dramatics sake let's say I did..I couldn't find the stuff. So all you searcher's out there - I found it at Hobby Lobby. (Our local craft chain..I say local- I don't know if it's all over the country or not. I know South Florida doesn't have them, but hell they don't even have Whataburger.) I have a friend from Tennessee that said she found the spray paint at Home Depot. So maybe it depends on your area. (I'd hate to think HD outdoes Lowe's selection..) But best of luck. I've since bought 4 cans :)

Mustaches - I really don't "get" the fake mustache craze in wedding and engagement pictures. Am I missing some kind of inside joke? I think it's adorable and quirky, don't get me wrong. Would someone just tell me why everyone's doing it? I'd hate to post examples..just email me if you have no clue what I'm talking about.

No comments: