I seriously went crazy on Craiglook today. I normally have major anxiety over large shopping venues with little organization. ie Ross, TJ (except for the home area), Craig's List, ebay, etc. Normally just in the clothes section. I need a rack, with all the same color, arranged according to size. Craiglook allows you to search Craig's List displaying the picture next to the post! No need to go into each one and check out the pic. It's awesome.
Preston and I are still looking for a few things for our house. I'm trying to find unique pieces without spending a bundle so off I went on my search today.
My typical search rules:
-(our zip) I'm lazy. Don't want to drive.
-under $100. I'm a "bargain shopper" and don't want to spend our lunch money. And why not start low? You can always go higher.
-show only those with pictures. duh.
- today I searched, table, chair, desk, lamp, shelves and owl :) PS Nothing good came up for owl.
Today's findings:
CHAIRS
The seller claims that there are names written on the arms, but who cares! They are $5 a piece!!! Slipcovered or recovered and they're perf! (And she called them brown, not me. They look more peach to me.)
I like the velvet cushions and detailing. They'd be so pretty painted white. (5 available)
I'm seriously thinking about snatching these up and attempting my first recover. Too ambitious?
Now before you go slamming my find, I think it's kind of charming! With a cute cushion and possibly a coat of glossy spray paint, this would be so cute on a porch! Maybe my porch.
I die. Seriously someone, buy this chair. I think I need a bigger house.
Brown is boring. Love the lines.
Painted or course.
See - you can find great stuff under $100!!
LAMPS
This guy looks like the TJ lamps! You could spray paint if you're not feelin' the white.
I would pay an extra $3 for them to keep the shade. But again, easily spray paintable.
High Street Market did an entire post on woven lamps the other day. This is too lovely.
TABLES
Hold the chairs please.
It has flower detailing on the legs. I'm in love with this. I didn't want to go oval...maybe we will.
Gosh I love this table. Glosy white. Swoon. The chairs are nice but don't go very well..work a deal.
DESKS
I bet this baby is hea-vy. I love it.
Found another. This guy has two. Would these look good as a pair in an office? I'm trying to decide. Too hospital like?
I already called on this guy. Waiting to hear back..
SHELVES
I'm not meaning to go all industrial, but I think this would be an interesting item in a living space.
MISC.
This lady has 8 of these mirrors. I'm not telling you how much they are or providing the link because I'm going by today to maybe pick up a few! ($15/each.)
I want to find a bench for our large front porch. Not sure what I would store on a front porch bench but I like the shape of this one.
Love.
I'm tired of shopping! Are you?!
























2 comments:
1. the wicker chair is awesome and i want it
2. the vintage lavender chair is too...and i want it too
3. the white lamp is pretty cute. the nasty shade that goes with it is not.
4. the basket lamp is cool.
5. like the oval dining table. and i think it would work well with the furniture in the living room
6. love the wooden desk. i like the metal ones too but i can imagine how cold they would be esp in the winter
7. and the bench with storage is really cute and it looks like it is good condition
Thanks for the heads up, Emily.
Craiglook is AWESOME !!!!!:-)
Post a Comment