Wednesday, May 5, 2010

miranda hobbes had a sunburst mirror!

Thanks to my sister's observant eye, she was quick to comment that Miranda on "Sex and the City" had a sunburst mirror in her first apartment!



It was interesting to read HBO's notes during the Miranda home tour. They explained that they wanted the colors in Miranda's apartment to mimic the color of a bruise. I can't say that I was totally wow'd by Miranda's apartment, although there are some pieces I wouldn't mind having.

Like her dining chairs or hanging lights..


the simple side table..


love the lamp and legs on that chair.


Personality-wise I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm probably more Miranda than Carrie but design wise, my style is more Carrie.

Organized chaos on the shelves..



tiny bathroom with two many products..


Credenza, simple coffee table (covered with junk)..**I can't believe Carrie got rid of the Aiden chair during her remodel in the movie. I would've gladly taken it off her hands :)


After the remodel. LOVE THE BLUE! Those lamps on the side table are all over TJ Maxx these days..I would love to have a pair. Just don't know where I would use them.


See the Carrie tour here

Final thought: see sis- blue, yellow AND red (and black and white and orange and brown) can work together harmoniously a la Jonathan Adler! Love it.


1 comment:

Carolyn said...

yes they can! but in small doses! you have a BIG red loveseat, a BIG green rug...and you want to add BIG blue walls and a BIG yellow door!