One of my favorite spots to get simple quick recipes is Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour. She's a working mom of two so I trust she knows the need for easy meals. This meal got a rating of "good, very good" in between chews from the man of the house. This fed us for two nights so it gets a BIG two thumbs of from me, and it didn't taste too bad either!
Spinach Pasta Toss
1 lb Italian sausage with casing
2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
Angel hair pasta (Preston requested spaghetti next time)
1 package baby spinach
2 c Mozzarella
Parmesan to taste
Remove the sausage from the casing and brown. Drain meat and add spinach and tomatoes. Once spinach wilts pour over pasta and add cheese. (I skimped on the cheese. the-cheese-hater would've been upset had I not. I sprinkled a little parm over my own.)
That's right people, 4-6 ingredients. Approx. 5 steps. Easy AND tasty.
3 comments:
that sounds dericious.
Nate would request vermicelli.
I think we may need to try that next week!
I make something pretty similar with chicken and I throw in mushrooms and black olives. Yum and easy!
Oh yeah! this one is a big hit at our house! Next time try the Sargento brand shredded Mozzarella and Provolone Cheese it adds a little more flavor to the cheese. Definitely makes a HUGE portion, you're right!
Post a Comment