Wednesday, June 30, 2010

tv talk and a pork recipe

Don't forget tomorrow's blogging for Cohen!

Real Housewives of NJ
Who does Danielle think she is??? I know Jersey may be a scary place (after watching season 1 of Jersey Shore, I understand this) but why do you need a body guard at charity events or fashion shows with all women?? The chick is seriously on something. Just like everyone else, it's a train wreck I can't stop watching.

If I did have a mafia, I would want Caroline as my boss.

The Bachelorette
Bravo ABC with the saved voice messages on Monday. BRAVO.

So You Think You Can Dance (dance dance)
Have ya'll been watching this season? They're all so good! There's not really anyone this season that I don't like. (Besides the token young, bubbly, blonde chick. gag) I know everyone loves Kurt, but I think Robert and Billy and Alex...O M G. Alex blows my mind. I just die over the strength of male ballet dancers. I like a male dancer with some strength and manliness.

Alex & Allison


I wasn't sure how this new format was going to work, but in my opinion, if Neil is on the show any dang format could work. Just Neil dancing (shirtless of course) would be my ideal format, really.

Neil & Danny


Besides all the awesome guys on season 7, Ashley Galvan is my favorite. (I know, the weird cry on week 1 was kind of awk, but I think she's a great dancer.)

Ashley & Mark
 

Who's your season 7 favorite? Do you like having the all stars back?

On to the food!

This is one of those recipes that Preston so kindly emailed to me as some kind of hint. Well, I've taken the hint, months later, and cooked the meal.

Pork Chops with Apple and Thyme
Ingredients
3/4c chicken broth divided
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp canola oil
4oz boneless pork chops (we used bone-in Berkshire chops. They were oh so tender and yummy)
1 small onion sliced
1 tart apple (granny smith)
1/4c apple cider or juice
2 tsp Dijon
1/4 tsp thyme

Mix 2 tbl broth and corn starch in a small bowl and put to the side.

Heat oil in large nonstick pan over high heat. Add chops and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.

Reduce heat to med-high. Add onions to pan and brown in oil. Stir in the remaining broth, juice, mustard, thyme, and the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened and glossy.

Return chops to pan and cook throughout.

Before

After

Preston and I just popped in the second Underworld movie. (Not sure what it's called.) This stuff if bloody!! P claims it's the blue ray that exaggerates the blood splattering but geez...I'm more of a Edward and Jacob kind of girl. Has anyone seen Eclipse? It was my favorite of the series. Can't wait to see it once the lines go down!

No comments: