Wednesday, July 28, 2010

the dreaded task of swim suit shopping


As our beach trip is upon us, I've been mentally packing for days. I'm fretting about family appropriate bathing suits to get me through the 7 day southern adventure. This isn't our honeymoon, or a playboy photo shoot...and if you know me/my lady lumps, you know I probably have a hard time being both "appropriate" and "family friendly" while wearing the two tiny pieces of cloth society refers to as a "bathing suit". I've also come to the age that I don't really give a crap if I'm seen in a one piece. I don't care anymore if I'm that girl in a one-piece with perfect, hot, Kardashian looking friends (or sister) in two pieces. I'd rather drink my beer and let the belly grow with my LL safely covered and in their place.

I haven't found said one piece or even the equivilent in a conservative halter/boy short combo. Dillards overwhelms me and I've been tossing all Victoria's Secret/J.Crew mags lately in an effort to spend less. I tried this one from Old Navy. So cute...but the sweet little tie in the center looked more like a strap down for two water balloons. (I'll spare you the picture I texted my mom and sister. Which recieved no encouraging responses or even a response at all!!! Thanks guys, I can take a hint.)

Christine pointed out this lovely from WAL-MART (Yes, I said it. Wal-Mart) that Jackie from Sweetie Pie Pumpkin Noodle stumbled upon. Something like this could actually work. Substnaital coverage, hefty looking straps that won't hurt my neck and shoulders after a 12 hour beach day, and a colorful print to distract from any possible spillage. I may even see an underwire...

To the interwebs I go. Wal-Mart's website didn't offer much of a selection.

Except for this stunna:


The ratings are through the roof. And the few brave souls that posted a pic along with their rating look fabulous. Curvy and conservative.

And this fab find is NOT in my local store. Or the local store in Charleston. Or anywhere really in a 200 mile radius.

Not sure what I'm going to do. But I'm in love. And have to have.

Although let down and crushed, I may go to Wal-Mart in pursuit of a conservative two piece. there can't be anything worse -- Wal-Mart AND bathing suit shopping.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

ooooh I like the red one! You can drink all the beer you want in that one!

eas said...

Late at night is the only way to survive Wal-Hell. But bring P....it's not safe by your place!