Thursday, March 24, 2011

[wedding] bridesmaids

After we got engaged, asking bridesmaids was one of the first things I wanted to do. But I really wanted to find a special way to do it. Two of the girls live out of town, so asking all of them in person wasn't possible. But I wanted it to be personal, thoughtful and me. (Because isn't this whole thing about me anyway?! Kidding.)

Christine helped me scout out the perfect envelopes and paper to line the envelopes.

(Beware of crappy iphone photos. Some taken in dark restaurants!)


I folded in the flap of one envelope in the other and glued the outside flap down. I cut the pieces of alligator paper to fit in the visible part of the inside. After squeezing it in there, I used double sided tape to keep it down.


I really wish I would've taken a pictureof the cards in the actual envelope, but each side had two cards staggered so the header was visible.

The four cards were:
The Four of You - included contact info and a little quip about how I knew each girl
Expectations - the when & where
Attire - all about a dress that I no longer think they'll be wearing
I Promise - the bridal vow to her maids to not be crazy!


All wrapped up with a pretty little bow!

To my sister..


To my college sorority sister in crime, Sarah, my friend since high school, Erin, and my soon to be sister in law, Dori. Dori was here after Preston's surgery so we were able to give her's in person. And I'm so glad we did!




All four said yes, and I couldn't be happier! They mean so much to me and Preston.


9 comments:

Morgan said...

aawww...that's cute! I think I just called mine, nothing special like yours!

melissa said...

I love it! So sweet and personalized. I also love the totally non-crazy bride attitude. Do what you're comfortable with for shoes, hair and makeup is so nice to hear as a bridesmaid! I'm sure they appreciate it and the sweet way you asked them to share in your day.

Megistentialism said...

SO cute Em! I had no doubt you would find some super creative way to do that! Hoping you didn't have to re-write the front notes too many times ;)

PS> Those room diagrams you were asking about were on Pottery Barn's website. Ikea also has one but I found Pottery Barn's way easier to use :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

this is so cute and creative!! i'm new to blogging, please stop by!

Unknown said...

So cute!! I'm sure they loved getting that from you! What a creative way to ask.

Arianna Belle said...

Beautiful! Love the alligator paper! So chic!

Miss Southern Prep said...

What a precious idea! I love it!

WhatMissLoves said...

awww this is so sweet! It almost made Miss.Sensitive over here cry...oh goodness

btw I'm new to the blogging world, hope you can follow:WhatMissLoves

erica said...

Oh my word what a darling idea! Absolutely love it. You have a fabulous blog! I am your newest follower.

xo