Friday, January 13, 2012

books: The Story of Beautiful Girl

I recently finished "The Story of Beautiful Girl" by Rachel Simon. I hadn't heard anything about it, but decided to check it out when I noticed it had already been bought on our kindle account. (Sharing an amazon account with your mom and sister was the BEST IDEA EVER)

The story is about a girl that was raised in a hospital for mentally disabled. It was set in the 50s, so it was really one of those terrible places that people put their kids in because they didn't know how to deal with autism or ADHD. It's a great story of love, compassion and family.

The book was very easy to read and the story was easy to follow. It was a great quick read, or travel read because I was able to put it down and pick it back up weeks later without having to thumb back through. While I don't predict this will be one of my top three for the year, I'm glad I took the short time to pick it up.

No comments: