Friday, January 15, 2010

finally the weekend

On Tuesday I seriously thought this week was going to drag on forever, but Friday is finally here! And I am in desperate need of a three day weekend. I'm a pretty big planner but sometimes it's nice to see what the plan-free weekend brings. Preston and I have been dying to see Sherlock Holmes, and he just told me he's actually craving an enchilada with rice and beans which rarely happens, and even though I had Mexican for lunch, I have to take advantage of this craving. (I'll wait to tell him later about my two Mexican meals) So we're going to hit up the local Tex-Mex fave and see the movie after. If we have some free time I hope we can drop in Barnes and Noble to pick up a book for myself!

In the last few months, it feels like years, we've been trying to find the perfect first home. It's hard enough finding a house I like, but having two people decide on a house is a task. (I know, I know--hello marital relationship) Our problem hasn't been that we disagree. It's that we just haven't really found "the one". Does that happen with a house? Are we supposed to get the feeling?? It's sometimes discouraging, but I'm hoping it happens soon. This in between stuff isn't convenient or fun for either of us. We've tried broadening our scope, and criteria but it still hasn't happened. Anyway, I'm thinking we'll look at a few that popped up this week on Monday.

I'm REALLY hoping the weather is nice this weekend! I know Preston is getting antsy being in the house so much and it would be really nice to take the dogs to the park or for a walk around the lake. At some point I need to get around to designing or buying myself a 2010 planner. I can't believe I've gone 15 days into the year without a personal calendar, and thinking about induces terror but at the same time it's kind of liberating! There's no way the liberation can last past January, so I need to get on the ball. (Don't buy from Borders.com. They are the reason I've gone this long with a planner.) I've been eyeing this one on etsy. Surely I can build this. I don't need weekly stuff; I just like the monthly.

On to dinner! The man is finally ready! Have a great night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Norm is getting cabin fever with all the bad weather!