Saturday, January 16, 2010

rainy day

Well, my wishes of a beautiful day were crushed this morning when I woke up to rain. And it has been rainy and cloudy ever since.

Last night's movie, "Sherlock Holmes" was really good. However, I don't know if I can do another movie after 9 on a Friday night again. I seriously wanted to fall asleep- from exhaustion, not boredom. The movie was directed by Guy Ritchie, whom I adore! I think his stuff is always so interesting and exciting. (He reminds me of Baz Luhrmann, who directed "Moulin Rouge" and "William Shakespeare's Romeo+Juliet".)You seriously can't stop watching. Jude Law, Robert Downy Jr. and Rachel McAdams were all equally good, as well. See the movie and you'll understand why I almost lost my mexican food dinner during the last scene :)


One thing I did accomplish today was perfect and download "my font".

What do ya think?! I can't wait to use it for a signature..if I can ever figure it out!

Things to finish this weekend:
-Laundry: It's overflowing. And it's almost dark on Saturday and I still haven't attempted to start it all.
-Finish watching season 1 of "Arrested Development": mission almost completed. Completing as I type.
-Book plane tickets to SC for February
-Find/design planner:still haven't started
-Balance checkbook: ick
- Plan meal for tomorrow night: I think we're going to have a game night for my birthday with some friends. I'm looking forward to staying in but I need to figure out food.

Speaking of food, I've been meaning to share this recipe we/Preston cooked the other night. His mom gave us the recipe awhile ago, and it's one of my favorites. It's really easy, I could do it. And it's delicious for days! Sorry I don't have any pics.

Chicken Casserole
1 chicken
1-8oz. pkg egg noodles
1 c. sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom coup
1 can cream of chicken soup
6 slices of white bread
1 stick butter or margarine
1 c. chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil chicken and debone. Save a cup of broth if you boil the chicken yourself. Combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soups and broth. Put in large casserole dish. Melt margarine; crumble bread in blender; mix with margarine; sprinkle over casserole. Bake for 30 minutes or until brown.

Shortcuts: A pre cooked chicken and wheat bread works also, but since Preston's from the south he prefers everything as fattening and difficult as possible. He doesn't believe in shortcuts :) Enjoy!

No comments: