Thursday, February 25, 2010

the list keeps growing

Well, I thought I should post before the storm hits. Literally and metaphorically- I It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow. IM.SICK.OF.SNOW. I want tornado season. Now. Windows open, dark skies...crisp air that smells like a storms a-comin'. I don't know if P knows its predicted to snow..and I've avoided telling him so I don't have to see that sad face. (It may be a mad face now that were supposed to be moving.) Since we closed Tuesday morning, I have been overwhelmed by to-do's. It keeps growing. And it this point I don't know where to start. I don't know where to start packing, painting, or putting away. I'm pretty sure I have paint picked out. I originally brought home Frappe 6003-1, Valspar from Lowe's and I put up a spot in the living, kitchen, and master. (Did I mention I decided we should paint the whole house?? yeah. that's 1,2,3..5 rooms, a kitchen and half bath)I didn't love it at first. I think I didn't love it more in the kitchen and living areas. This morning I've calmed myself..I found some inspirational pictures (see below) and I found another color that I think would go great in the living areas from bryn alexandra's blog.

During my lunch I went and purchased Bryn's Woodrow Wilson Putty 6006-1 also Valspar and I'm really excited. I hope it looks creamy enough to go with our kitchen, but still grey-er.

Here are the two colors together:

Since I will be restricted to the house tomorrow from 12-4 (appliance delivery), and Saturday 12-4 (cable installation) I hope I can knock a lot of painting out. Hopefully atleast the master and where the appliances will be. Maybe moving won't be possible in the predicted 3" tomorrow so Preston may be stuck painting right along side me :)


from Discover: Interior Design



both from bryn alexandra

Finger's crossed we can get a lot of this done and completely moved by the end of the weekend! And then the furniture/decorating adventure can begin!! (freak out begins.)



**Oh, if any of ya'll were wondering..I didn't get the King cake made. Last week was nuts. Sorry Erin :) We'll have you over for dinner soon..maybe you can help paint!

2 comments:

eas said...

no worries about the cake! I am an EXCELLENT painter too!!

Megistentialism said...

Fun! the photos are awesome! Excited to see the progress! :) Painting is a lot faster than you think too! My office was easy, other than the harlequin part.