Friday, March 5, 2010

it's all coming together

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a week or so. I hope I didn't lose any of my 5 readers :) Ya'll can't give up on me. I'm sure most of you are family!

I am proud to report we are in the house. Last Thursday-Sunday was work work work. Monday night we did nothing. Tuesday I had dinner with my monthly girls, recipe swap. (Most of the time we all forget our recipes. This week I was too scattered to make 5 copies. I'll be posting my recipe this weekend.) Here's when the good part begins-Wednesday night Preston was determined to found a couch. I wasn't too pleased to tackle the furniture mega stores on a weeknight and I was starving. Well I grabbed my bag of goldfish and jumped in the truck. I looked online a little through the day, but as you know, we can't just judge on looks. It's 30% looks 100% comfort in Prestons book. (Yes, I realize that's more than 100, but my point is he couldn't really care less about looks!)I assumed it would take a couple of trips and a half a dozen compromises before we found the perfect couch. I was still healing from our Friday night conclusion that a sectional wouldn't work and I knew the R-gument would come up. (Get it-RECLINER argument, R-gument?!)
Here he is in lazy boy heaven. Sorry for the blurriness, I think I was trying to run away.

Let me tell ya, I thought it was going to be a rough trip but we were in and out of the giant superstore in less than an hour! It's one I had looked at online but Preston didn't like it until we saw/sat on the beauty.
TA DA

I've had brief bouts of anxiety on how I am going to decorate with a cream couch. But it's not out of fear, it's out of excitement and having WAY too many options of colors!! P loves the lightness of the room and after getting it in the house last night I think we're going tomorrow to get the love seat! Our next piece in the room will be a chair to go on the other side. We will continue our search for an agreeable recliner!
So far we love the house. There hasn't been one complaint. We still have painting and unpacking to do but it's all coming together and already feels like home. More pics coming soon, once the mess is hide-able :)

Hope yall have a good weekend!

No comments: