Saturday we unpacked more, moved more out of storage and did some cleaning. So that means..no painting. I did snap a few pics of the paint we do have up.
Just to recap I originally bought Frappe 6003-1, Valspar from Lowe's thinking I would use it in the entire house. But I put it up in the living room and it just looked too dark. I went back and after looking online for color, I ended up with Woodrow Wilson Putty 6006-1, Valspar from Lowe’s. We immediately painted where the fridge and washer and dryer were going with the Woodrow Wilson Putty and it looks great! I can’t wait to finish the rest of the house.
Here is the paint in the bedroom:
And I know it’s hard to tell a difference, but see the slight grey behind the fridge? Isn’t it pretty?!
I think we’ll probably finish the laundry/guest room next since it’s empty. And then we’ll probably move onto the kitchen living, so as soon as I get a complete room of the Woodrow Wilson Putty I’ll post some pics!
We’re planning on getting a new TV this month that will be hung on the big wall in the living. I still want to have something under the TV. Something more pleasing to the eye than just a TV. And also something to hold the components and game stuff. When I lived in Florida, I bought this beautiful buffet. I see more and more people using them for different functions in the home now. Well, mine didn’t quite make the move.
I’m not sure what to do with the color yet. The color is beautiful. (It’s scratched so it has to be done or it will never get done!) Depending on what the legs look like, I may go black? Or just re-stain the same honey walnut. That tone looks awesome with the paint. This is on the top of my priority list for the week. Along with this minor project.
Gosh I really talked it up about refinishing things but after getting the furniture in our bedroom I love the wood tone with the Frappe. And let’s not kid ourselves, it would mean less work if I kept it the way it is! The only thing I don’t love about the set we have is the hardware. It really ages everything.
I had no idea what to expect what kind of shape the drawers would be in under the pulls, but I couldn’t have been happier. A little dust, but otherwise two, clean holes.
I’m off to Lowe’s tomorrow to find the perfect pulls. (Oscar interjection - Rachel McAdams, I love you but what are you wearing??) I will be refinishing another bedside table. I’m hoping to do it this kind of blue..
Hope ya’ll have a good week!
1 comment:
awwww... wish I could have been there for Han's bday dinner! dang. I love the paint... and I agree, frog tape is amazing!! Can't wait to see what fun decorating things you do. I swear, your house will be finished before ours! haha!
Post a Comment