Monday, April 5, 2010

easter, what to read, and more

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! The weather was beautiful in Oklahoma. I know I was glad to be outside. Friday night, Preston was able to grill out some burgers and I made this onion straws inspired by Christine. (Who was inspired by the Pioneer Woman!) Check out Christine's step by step and pics. I didn't take any pictures..but Preston thought they were "delish". You know they're good if he's shortening words :) And if you haven't heard about the Pioneer Woman, she is awe.some. I want to try this Buttered Rosemary Roll recipe of hers soon. Especially now since I have my VERY OWN FRESH ROSEMARY!!


Complements of the Easter Bunny! My parents are the best. They planted a pot full of herbs for me to kill enjoy. (In my own defense, I've never really been a plant killer, but that may be because I've never really had my own plants to kill. Fingers crossed.) What a great gift. We also got lots of chocolate..Preston got a back scratcher which he is STOKED about. And...drumroll please....

THE NEW CALREDA FOR TARGET KITCHEN SET IN HERBS OF PROVENCE!
It smells awesome. My sister got the citrus ginger or something, and it smells good as well. Mom said our Target only had two left. Get yours now!

All together we had a great weekend. We got a lot done around the house. I had a lot of cleaning to do since I was in Dallas the week before for a wedding..which was so much fun. I did some more furniture painting..pics of the complete project soon. (I'm not sure why there are three drinks in front of me..those two definately aren't my expecting friend's on the left. I have no explanation.)


And I finished my book. I've been stressed the last 24 hours trying to decide what to read next. The three contendors:

"Olive Kitteridge" by Elizabth Strout
"Unaccustomed Earth" by Jhumpa Lahiri
or "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein

I read the first page of Olive, and my mom says she's excited to hear my opinion on it..but I think I may read the thrid. I've heard good things, and I think it's written from the dog's prespective. hmm...decisions decisions. Input is appreciated, I love getting book recommendations!

Today I've been eyeing this super cheap dining set my mom found on C's List.

Leaf. Wood top. Metal legs. 3 chairs. $20 bucks. Worth it?

Hope you all had a wonderful family & food filled Easter weekend!

all homemade, poorly taken pictures courtesy of emily April 2010. Except for the Craig's list pic..via this guy

2 comments:

ChasingHallie said...

Read "The Art of Racing in the Rain." Great book, will be hard to put down. One of my all-time faves. And yes, the dogs perspective makes it all the more interesting.

Christine said...

Ahh! Will your parents plant my herb garden? And I've heard it's almost impossible to kill herbs so hopefully that's true in this case. So glad you made the onion strings, we devoured them so fast I'm suprised I got a picture of them before. try that same recipe to fry just about anything it's delish!