Now what should I read?! I need to keep in mind I have a vacation next week so it has to be a good travel book and a good lake book, since we'll be spending some time on the lake. I'm thinking maybe "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave. Has anyone read this? I've heard good things. And mom has read it, so I'll have someone to talk to about it! I still want to read "South of Broad" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". I think they'll be my beach reads in August. I should be able to fit in two or three books before then. I feel a list coming on.
- "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave
Mom's read this. It's been sitting on my night stand screaming to be read.
- "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy
I've been saving this Charleston set book for our trip to Charleston in August. I can't wait. It's also hardback...better for the beach and not the lake.
- "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" by JK Rowling
I need to read this. I just must. Also hard back...mentally adding to my beach "to pack" list.
- "Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Dideon
I think this book is sad. I don't really know much else about it. Maybe I'll read this in July.
- "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larson
At first I wasn't interested in the Millennium Trilogy Series. Once I learned they had murder, family drama and love, I was sold. Barnes and Noble says "A spellbinding amalgam of murder mystery, family saga, love story, and financial intrigue". My mouth is watering.
- Something Jen Lancaster (Morgan, you recommended, which one should I read first?)
I also don't have any Jen Lancaster but I'm intrigued. I need some good chick lit. The last one I read was blah. And I've heard Emily Giffin's new one, "The Heart of the Matter" is sub par.
- "Olive Kitteredge" by Elizabeth Strout
I'v wanted to read this for awhile. I've heard mixed things.
- "Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski
I HAVE TO finish this book by the end of the year. But I think it's a book that needs to be read in the fall? (You know, football season?)
Like always, I appreciate and welcome ANY and ALL recommendations!


3 comments:
I JUST finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I started it the Sunday before last and finished it Monday morning. It was really good. One quick bit of warning: the beginning is a little confusing but if you push through you won't be disappointed! Good luck choosing!
Jen Lancaster
www.jennsylvania.com is her blog. Also, you can follow her on twitter altgeldshrugged.
1. Bitter is the New Black
2. Bright Lights, Big Ass
3. Such a Pretty Fat
4. Pretty in Plaid
5. My Fair Lazy
She is LOL funny.
If you would've posted this yesterday, I could've rounded up the books from OK. But I got back to TN not too long ago. Darn. I have My Fair Lazy with me right now, so when you get to that one I'll mail it to you.
I'm reading Little Bee right now - SO GOOD. I picked it up not knowing anything about the characters, the plot, anything, and I am so glad I did. I think you'd really enjoy it!
Post a Comment