Tuesday, July 13, 2010

books & bachelors

I collect books. I swear I got it from my parents..who I think got it from their parents. I guess it's not the worst habit in the world. But in order to take control this weekend, I decided to make a list of books I own that I've read, and books I own that I haven't read, in order to weigh the levity of this addiction.

Well, it's not as bad as I thought. It was one page, no columns, just commas of read books, to one and a half pages, no columns, just commas of unread books. That's not bad, right? I'm taking myself off my book buying freeze and making a goal. Not sure what the goal is yet..but a goal will be made. I'll keep you posted.

I added the book lists to my new listography! I took the time Sunday to sign up and added a few lists. And I was right, I am in love. It's so easy to use, edit and personalize. My lists aren't private, so I went ahead and added my Barnes & Noble wish list. (B&N put a limit on the number of books you have on a wish list. How dare they cap my book buying dreams. Listogrpahy does not.) So if any of you (mom & sis) feel like checking out my book wish list or current library lists, there's a link in the sidebar :) There's also a link to my GoodReads profile, where all my wish list books have been added. (Obviously, lists are an addiction in addition to books. I am aware of this.)

I unmarked my page and put back on the shelf "Year of Magical Thinking". I just couldn't get through it. It was sad and blah. And I'm all about the sad and traumatic and disturbing but this book was just sad. Not messed up enough for me as a sad book.

So I've started "Olive Kitteridge" and hope to finish before our beach trip so I can start the books I've been putting off for months. I've heard it's kind of messed up. I look forward to it.


In unrelated news, Jillian and Ed done-zo??? I love Jillian. She's my favorite. I want to name my unborn daughter Jillian. And Ed, and his teeny, bikini swim trunks were so hot. I liked that he was kind of a jerk. I think Jillian enjoyed the challenge.





















I'm sure they got to Chicago and Ed carried on in his slutty way...and Jillian wasn't into having a man whore as a hubs. Oh well. Another failed Bachelorette romance. Makes me sad. Best of luck to the both of you

I'm not even going to attempt to produce witty Bachelorette commentary like Lincee, but I have to throw in two cents  on this weeks episode.

- Deep V shirts a la Frank, NOT OK. I bet he manages an American Apparel or something trendy, but that pushes the boundary of "OK" clothing for men.
- Chris L. is pretty much perfect in my eyes. If his dog is named after "Forrest Gump"'s Jenny...I don't even know what. I'm moving. Today. To find him. (I really don't think Preston would mind either. He likes Chris too.)
- I want Roberto's mom's legs.
-Was anyone else offended when Kirk said "my adopted sister"???

A friend pointed out that Shaq tweeted "love is the only reality" last night. Obviously a Bachelor/Bachelorette fan.

I recently started following Lord_Voldemort7 on Twitter. Hilarious.





 

3 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

Chris L. is my fave too!

Christine said...

Mmm I'm coming with you to visit Chris!

Adie said...

As soon as I started reading this I instantly thought of your list addiction. Or what I assumed was an addiction because you made a list of the books in your house. ;)