Monday, July 19, 2010

friday faves

Yes- it's Monday. You haven't lost it...I had quite the weekend and many faves from last week, so I didn't have the time over the last 3 days to gather them up in a post. Let's get started.

Favorite Topic of the Week

Books were the thing to posts about last week.  Lavender & Lillies posted twice! Her summer reading list update and her late summer reading list. I love that she reads more than me!
Some books I stole from her list:
-Marcus of Umbria
I can't wait to read this story about a dog. The title reminds me of Um from Umbridge..name that movie :)
-5th Avenue 5 AM
All about filming breakfast at Tiffanys. Many bloggers have recommended this one.
-Mennonite in a Little Black Dress
Another one that has been all the buzz this summer.
-Spooky Little Girl
-The Summer We Read Gatsby
-Orange is the New Black
Caitlin at Sacramento Street also posted her summer reading list. I'm glad I've already read The Help, because people are still talking about it and I hate being out of the loop!Her mom loved it also. Caitlin and I had a few of the same books on our lists, including:
-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
-My Horizontal Life
Probably not appropriate to take on Preston's family beach trip in August, but I'm hoping to get to this light read sometime soon.

Favorite Celeb Look

I am 80% Team Jill, but Bethenny has looked great post baby Bryn. And I've really enjoyed Bethenny Getting Married. (Bless her sweet,patient husband for putting up with her crazy, neurotic, PREGNANT self!)

The Look 4 Less posted a less expensive Bethenny dress look alike.


Favorite Room




The office of Erica from Urban Grace Interiors

Favorite New App

ShakeIt Photo App was so kindly shared by Kay at Apartment 412 and I'm obsessed. I'm cheap and got the free one that only has one effect but I may splurge the $.99 because I love it that much. I've been shakin' it on all my puppy pics.



















Hope you had a good weekend! Pics from Saturday night's wedding coming soon :)

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I just finished The Postmistress and I'm halfway through The Help. Such a good book!

Also, hipstamatic or something like that is another app that you can get for $1.99 that's got cool photo crap on it. I'm very tired from Vegas and cannot think right now. Anyway, I've seen lots of people post pics on fb that are from hipstamatic and they look cool.

eas said...

LOVED that room!

I'm 80% team Bethanny =)

and I want her Husband.

ABee said...

You have GOT to read Guernsey Literary!! I loved that book, and it has a really awesome, spunky female main character!

Bethenny's husband is basically perfection. I think he might be the most levelheaded, loving, patient man I have ever seen. Also, he is almost 40 and has a ROCKIN' BODY! Ow ow! :)

Adie said...

will be looking into the new app! I need to expand my reading list. I am always reading chic lit and WWII books. I can't make up my mind about Jill and Bethenny.