Preston and I have a house guest this weekend and I'm super excited to have someone else to cook for! This South Carolina boy can eat...even more than MY South Carolina boy. And that's a lot. Anyway..I think we're planning on grilling something tonight. I can't wait to share this desert surprise.
Ice Cream Sandwich Casserole
from Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour
Ingredients
24 ice cream sandwiches
toffee chips
1 tub whipped cream
hot fudge topping (melted)
caramel topping (melted)
Heath/Skor/Symphony bars (to crumble on top)
Unwrap 12 bars and layer on the bottom of a 9/13 baking dish. Cut them if needed to make them fit. Melt the jar of hot fudge and spread a layer on top. Then spread on a layer of caramel. Then Whipped cream and toffee chips..(Is your mouth watering yet?!) Repeat layers - bars, chocolate, caramel, whipped cream and then crumble bars on top. YUM!
Kara posted some great recipes this week. Here's another I'm adding to my book as a go-to, easy pasta salad. And I love any excuse to use my herbs :)
Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
from Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour
Ingredients
1 box bow tie pasta
3/4 evoo
fresh Basil cut into strips
fresh garlic, pressed (Kara used 5 cloves)
grape tomatoes
feta or fresh mozzarella cut into bite size pieces
sea salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Cook pasta and cut basil into thin strips. Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add feta, basil, garlic and grape tomatoes. Pour in olive oil, salt and pepper and toss.
Favorite How-To
I'm still trying to muster up the courage and time to reupholster this old chair. Jenny from LGN posted a helpful chart estimating the amount of fabric needed. I plan on putting it to good use.Favorite Inspiration
My grandma has a set of 4 roller chairs waiting for me to rescue. But I'm just not quite sure what to do with them yet. I'd love to turn them into some kind of rolling bench... with a fabulous fabric of course.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment