Being the loving, attentive LIGF I am, I made sure to pick the manliest, roughest toughest movie (that I still wanted to see) available. The Book of Eli it was. You can't beat Denzel and the girl who does the voice of Meg Griffin. I LOVED IT. I was up pretty late watching it on Thursday, when I'm normally a stickler about being in bed by 10:30. The man fell asleep, but I can't wait for him to watch the end so I can talk to him about it. The story really was amazing and at the same time, it's scary to think about.
The movie takes place 30 or so years after the apocalypse, and follows a man during his journey out west to deliver the only known surviving Bible to a safe place. Eli is a one man wolf pack, constantly having to fight off thieves and "highjackers". (One thought..after thirty years, they still couldn't figure out how to make soap or shampoo??? Weird.) I love movies about faith and hope, and The Book of Eli was one of those.
All the actors did a great job. (The chick from Flashdance was in it too!) I thought the scenery and cinematography were excellent as well. Visually, the movie was very stimulating. I believe P was entertained, just tired :)
Have you seen this movie? What did you think? Did you like it as much as me?!

No comments:
Post a Comment