Saturday it rained in the morning, so I started taping the dreaded office. THE.WORST.ROOM. EVER to tape.


I did a lot of complaining.

And recieved a little sympathy..

3 1/2 rolls of tape (and 24 hours) later it was completed. And the trimming began. And more complaining.


I forgot what the color's called (Mark Twain's something?? By Valspar) but it's a dirtier, browner grey looking olive then in the pictures. I really love it. I didn't want to be too brown because of our new desk (post to come) and I didn't think a bluer grey was the way to go. I can't wait to add some white drapes and a nice white chaise by the window.
I didn't literally spend 24 hours taping. It did take a huge chunk of my time. I took some breaks to help Preston in the yard Saturday afternoon and Sunday. We both really love being outside; I would prefer not being outside pulling weeds, but at the time, it was more appealing than taping.
So after all the tree trimming, yard cleanup, flower planting, mowing and three trips to Lowe's, we had a beautified yard.

I planted some cilantro in this old owl tea pot I had. I'm in dire need for herb markers. Does anyone have any homeade ideas? I struggle to remember what's what, and only have the store labels for a few.

Sans paint job. Preston liked him the way he was.
On Monday, after painting the final coats in the office, and cramming all the boxes and junk back in there, we somehow found more to do around the house. We hung blinds in all three rooms and our bathroom. Trimmed more trees. Preston fixed a leaky faucet, changed a door handle...He's pretty handy :)
I have some exciting projects started to hang in the office! Can't wait to share. Hope everyone had a good holiday! I know we're looking forward to having this weekend to recover!
3 comments:
I love seeing your home improvement projects!! I hope when you guys are finished with everything you will post a full picture walk through the house! :) Also, you know I love all of your owl touches - I think Creighton has already resigned himself to the fact that when we live together, he will be overrun with them.
I have been waiting for a pic of the front of the house. Adorable. It looks so good and your grass is so green!
I am SO in love with this room! You are a bigger woman than I. They say humans can adapt and it is totally true. I am an expert cutter with the paint brush because I am far too lazy to tape. See I adapted! ;).
Post a Comment