Tuesday, August 31, 2010

top two tuesday - cities

I've never done this before! I'm so excited to partake in Taylor's top two series. It's been a lot of fun reading everyone's favorite cities. Here are mine...in no particular order!



1. Chicago
I.heart.Chicago. I love the food, the shopping, the sports, the lake, the buildings. I really think Chicago has it all without being overly crowded or pretentious. Being a girl from Oklahoma, the people are also a huge factor, and Chicago still has the mid-western feel but the hustle and bustle of a city.


2. Charleston
Duh. I would die for Charleston. The food. I can't even begin to describe how amazing the food is. (And the drinks.Oyster shots, basil mojitos, cucumber vodka water, anyone?? Love.) Every time we go I fall more in love with this historic city. Preston was lucky enough to go to school in the middle of Charleston and I can't imagine trying to focus on studies with all the amazing culture, history, HOUSES (and drinks) to take in. (I had a hard enough time in Norman, OK) Pretty sure P succumbed to this distraction. can't blame the guy. Did you know the city scene in "The Patriot" was filmed in the middle of the College of Charleston campus? The scenery in Charleston is breathtaking. And again, you can't beat the wonderful, charming people of the south. Although, at times, the overdone "southern-ness" of some girls in bars, tends to drive me a bit crazy when seemingly used for personal gain/free drinks or attention. Bless their hearts. (See?! I can play southern belle too!)

Other great things about Charleston- the battery, the harbor, King Street, Market Street, the beach. And did I mention the food?!

I can't wait to get my family there one day soon so they can fall in love with this wonderful city too.

Thanks, Taylor! I hope to partipate more!

3 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

I want to visit both!

katmcd said...

Cucumber vodka water? Explain.

star said...

I spent 3 weeks in Chicago as a teenager. I loved it, I want to go back! I am looking forward to visiting Charleston one day, hopefully soon! It looks beautiful! Have a great day!