Thursday, September 16, 2010

thrifting gone wild

Last week I ran to the Norman salvation army...solo. Not normally my MO during my lunch break. But Christine was off that day, so solo it was.

Boy did I learn a lesson. I need someone with me to tone it down/have some self control/don't be that girl/you don't need all 50 state plates.


Ok, so I only got 6 (Colorado not pictured. But definitely my favorite. Large. Blue and white). I left Maine, Delaware, and Utah at the store. I need to not be the crazy collector and learn how to tastefully purchase unique items. (Owls excluded)

This one started it all:


What's worse is most of them say "Not for food use. Decorative item only" so they can't be cool serving pieces. Would a state plate wall be weird??

Morgan, Tennessee is all yours as soon as you get to Oklahoma!

Still looking for Oklahoma & South Carolina.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hahaha!!! You're such a grandma with your state plates! JK! I'll come next time! You could always have a blog sale! I bet someone wants them.

Cindy said...

I know someone who has a state plate collection displayed on a wall in their den and it is very cool. I collect the metal souvenir plates and use them as paper plate holders. http://cindysclipboard.blogspot.com/search/label/souvenir