Last week's menu wasn't followed at all...partly because I was throw up sick for a few days. And food just wasn't on my mind. But mainly because I'm just lazy and burnt out in the kitchen. I did make the risotto and spiced tenderloin. While cooking the risotto, I realized the recipe on the bag of rice was similar to the Real Simple recipe, except the bag asked for garlic salt. And I'm all about the garlic, so I added the garlic salt from the bag recipe, and didn't think to reduce the salt from the RS recipe, and we ended up with pretty salty risotto. Paired with the pork, it worked. But now I know.
I'm all about the sweets and we've had some winners lately - Trifecta cookies and pumpkin and cream cheese muffins are both equally DIVINE.
I'm anti cooking this week...hence Preston cooking burgers, steaks, and his stew
Sunday
Chicken Fried Rice - this turned out really well! I was worried it would be oily or too soy sauce-y. But it was easy and filling
Monday
Preston's stew. I could pass on this meal, but he loves it. It's just stew meat, carrots and potatoes with his choice of spices. I think I'll be thawing out my PW chicken spaghetti for these two nights.
Tuesday
Stew again. Yippee
Wednesday
Steak, rosemary potatoes
Thursday
Burgers and onion strings. Using the grill as long as we can!!
Friday
Pizza!!
I love bad Craig's list photos.
This add was for the desk :)
Happy Monday!


3 comments:
I think I need to make the pumpkin muffins tonight! Hope you are having a Happy Monday. :)
Hahahaha! Your excitement over the stew is hilarious. :) Love it. And that picture from Craigslist is hilarious!
I hate meal planning too and some weeks its so hard to stick with it. I had one of those weeks recently.
Tina
www.faithfitnessfun.com
Post a Comment