
I've recently been on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick. I'm normally a chapstick/lipgloss girl,
but would love to glam it up every now and then. But red is so hard to match to your coloring..I've always had trouble with mathcing lipstick in general. I also hate pouring tons of money into makeup I won't use very often, so I wanted to try and find a cheaper red. Lindsey had told me Ulta now has testers out for all drug store brands, so I knew this was my opportunity to spend my time finding the one.
Ultimately, the red lipstick had to win me over in two categories: color and texture. Real Simple rated lipsticks last month, and since they never fail me in the recipe department, I assumed they could be trusted in beauty. I was set on trying the one they rated for Best Matte - Revlon Matte Lipstick.
Ultimately, the red lipstick had to win me over in two categories: color and texture. Real Simple rated lipsticks last month, and since they never fail me in the recipe department, I assumed they could be trusted in beauty. I was set on trying the one they rated for Best Matte - Revlon Matte Lipstick.
I went for the Matte, because I wanted the longevity without the dryness of a stain. And I could always layer with gloss if I wanted a lighter, shinier look.
After trying the Really Red and In the Red, I knew I had found the right brand. I just had to pick the color! The Revlon went on smoothly blended well, and if I went a little outside the lines, I wasn't left with a weird stain after wiping with a Kleenex.
I have terrible iPhone photos of the In the Red with (top row) and without gloss (bottom row).
I love it! I hope I can rock this look...if I'm off base about being a red wearer, please someone tell me :) Now if I could only perfect the pout...
BTW - Ulta has super deals. I could've gotten a buy 2 get 1 free deal on Revlon products, but needed new mascara so I went for the Maybelline deal - buy one get one 1/2 off. (I got Full & Soft and Volume Express in blackest black. They've always been my go to's. My Falsies dries out too quick - I give up!!)
I'm such a sucker and spend more money than I would've because of these damn deals! But I had to snag some fall nail colors and Ulta always has 2 for 1 on Essie and OPI.
OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark, Miami Beet, and the top coat made the cut..
Ok, I'm rambling! In summary - found my red, spent extra money. All's well in the world :)
Happy Thursday!





3 comments:
I like it! I don't have the guts to wear red. :) I have been wearing the same lipstick color for about the past 7 years...I will probably be one of those people that everyone says she would be cute if only she would update her lipstick... ha!
I really really like the red--I may have to try the color on me! :) Lincoln Park After Dark is one of my all-time favorite colors. I got it last week on my nails. Happy almost Friday! :)
I have both of those nail polish colors and love them! The red looks GREAT on you! I may have to go try out the revlon shades again.
Post a Comment