Friday, October 22, 2010

finally feeling like fall

I finally got the fall decorating bug and glittered some pumpkins last night. I forgot how glitter sticks to EVERYTHING! I still loved how they turned out.

I used fake pumpkins that were half off at Hobby Lobby, normal cheap, black and gold glitter, foil, and Elmer's spray glue that I had on hand from my lamp shades.


I sprayed and glittered the pumpkins twice. 



Not too bad, right?!



Some of my favorites from the week:

I'm all about these wreaths -  fall burlap wreath (instructions here). I found these two from Aubrey + Lindsey -bean wreath, and acorn wreath. I've already picked up my foam wreath and lima beans :) I love the look with the red ribbon.




I stumbled upon this blog Strawberry Swings and Things blog surfin' the other day. She has some really great style finds and is super cute. You should check out this super sweet and stylish post she did featuring her own mom!
I'm finally finishing up painting our doors. I can't wait to have this project complete. Swapping out our old door handles for new ones has been a pain. Apparently door knobs used to be different sizes? So we've had to drill, sand, paint. It's a mess.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Boomer Sooner!!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

So now I'm thinking I may have my kids make the lima bean wreaths for an art project. Those look so cool!!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Love the glitter pumpkins! They turned out really cute!!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

OMG LOVE those sparkly punkins!!!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

OMG LOVE those sparkly punkins!!!

Christine said...

The pumpkins turned out great!! Can't wait to see the wreath!