Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in list form

BOOKS I READ
Art of Racing in the Rain
Catching Fire **Favorite of the year!
Chasing Harry Winston
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (honestly...I've really only read half but that should count as a book in itself!)
The Help
Hunger Games
Little Bee
Mennonite in a Little Black Dress
My Fair Lazy
Peace Like a River
Unaccustomed Earth

BOOKS I QUIT
South of Broad **I hope to pick this up again sometime soon. It just wasn't the right book for the time.
Year of Magical Thinking
Olive Kitteridge

TRIPS WE TOOK
South Carolina (February, June, August, November, December)
Santa Fe (1,2)

SUCCESSES
-I can cook! We didn't starve! (recipes, menus)
-Watched all 6 seasons of Lost. I guess I haven't discussed that on the ol' blog...we finished 2 weeks ago and I still don't know what to think about the finale. We are feeling a void now that it's over.
-Buying a house!

FAILURES
Lima Bean Wreath
Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf

IMPORTANT DATES FROM 2010
February 22 - the date we closed on our house
December 25 - first Christmas spent with Preston's family

Looking forward to 2011! Hope you have a safe and happy new year!

No comments: