Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving recap...better late than never!

Here I am two weeks later, just getting all the pics uploaded. Typical holiday season :)

We spent Thanksgiving in New Mexico with my parents, my sister and her boyfriend, my grandparents, aunt and cousin. We had a great time. Ate a ton of food...drank too many margs on some days and had a nice relaxing trip. Santa Fe is a beautiful little town and we stayed close enough to the plaza area that everyone was able to do whatever they wanted with a short walk or drive. The art isn't always mine and Preston's scene but it was interesting to spend some time looking at the local jewelry and galleries. I had a great time exploring all the history and architecture in the town. The churches are breathtaking. And the food...OH the food, you can't beat New Mexican food. The local green chillies in everything are mouth watering good. I've had dreams about the green chili cheeseburger we had on the way home...LIFE CHANGING!

This was Preston's first time west of Oklahoma, besides Vegas but you don't to take in much of the desert scenery on the strip. I think he was in awe how beautiful the mountains are in New Mexico. It's always special being with someone who's witnessing something different for the first time. I'm glad he was able to experience something he hasn't ever experienced before. Santa Fe is a special place.

On to the good stuff! There were 4 of us and the dogs in the truck. It was a tight fit but the dogs did great. Good thing they love each other!



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(our feeble attempt at an appropriate card picture doesn't really work if the guys have a "no shaving on vacation rule")
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think some of us could've stayed a while longer, but Tuck was ready to get home.
Photobucket

4 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Oh wow! It is so pretty! I have never been to Santa Fe but would love to go! Glad you had a good trip. I have always wanted to bring the dogs on vacation with us! How fun!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That looks like such a fun trip! You and your sister look so much alike!

Glitterista said...

What a fun trip! Love all the pictures of the dogs! ;) Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Looks like yall had a WONDERFUL time! :) That last pic of Tucker is hilarious!