Wednesday, January 12, 2011

things change!

Today was supposed to be the day Preston went in for his hip replacement. Saturday his parents were planning on flying in. But we recieved the call yesterday that his new hip wasn't avaliable until February 1. After our mental breakdown yesterday, today we're regrouping and trying to go with the flow. We're re planning plans and gearing back up to prepare for his 6 week leave at a later date. Preston's working on getting back into work mode as we wait another four weeks for his hip. In the grand scheme of things, 4 weeks won't make a difference. But I know it's painful for him, and it's a pain in the ass to switch flights! I'm looking forward to the 3 day weekend even though a 6 day weekend would've been better. We've had to keep reminding ourselves, that things change. But we can handle it.

I dont know how in the world Oklahoma City DID NOT get any snow! We're dissapointed!!

Have ya'll seen "Inception"? Three days later, Preston and I cannot stop talking about it! What did you think? He wants to watch it again, but I'm not sure my brain can take it.


Amazon customer service is awesome. The keys were rubbing off on my month old Kindle, I called Monday and no questions asked, there was a new one on my doorstep last night. It was like recieving the gift all over again! I love it that much.  I was able to re register the new one and start right back into "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in 10 minutes or less. BTW, that book is awful hard to start. I'm hoping it picks up pretty quick. That reminds me, I need to post my 2011 Reading List...


Am I the only one that's having a hard time getting through 5 day work weeks? I feel sluggish. Two more days...two more days... :)

5 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Ugh. That is really stressful. My husband has had chronic neck pain, so I know how hard it can be living with someone in pain. Hope the next four weeks goes quickly.

I have heard that the dragon tattoo starts out slowly but gets really good. Clearly I like a book to take off quickly ;)

Emily said...

Definitely keep with TGWTDT because it's confusing and hard to follow at the beginning but you won't be able to put it down once you're into it! Good luck with Prestons surgery...sounds like no fun. But then again, so does hip pain...

Sweet Simplicity said...

Keep reading. I promise it gets MUCH better.

Glitterista said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the surgery postponement. Hope things go well over the next few weeks and things are on track for the first.

I also have to sheepishly admit that I got a Kindle for Christmas and have yet to use it! Maybe your 2011 reading list will motivate me. ;)

Adie said...

SO sorry to hear about Prestons surgery being delayed!!