It was nice to be able to work from home today. P and I rolled into town around 1:30 AM so the morning came way too soon. I was able to begin unpacking…but unpacking is difficult when I find myself packing for the impending bigger move in 7 days. And then when you add dirty clothes on that…and the most overwhelming of all a full DVR…I feel like I have a lot on my plate. I haven’t reached the freak-out point yet…but slight grouchiness may be coming on. (And to be real honest today was supposed to be my day for a manicure, but it didn’t happen.) Anyway, while trying to catch up on the DVR (currently watching 2/11 Grey’s.), I cut coupons (!), and I’ve been scouring the internet for King Cake recipes. I have been craving sweets lately and I have a birthday for a friend coming up this week (Erin act surprised if this actually comes together) so I thought the season was fitting for a Mardi Gras themed desert!
I fear that I’m being too ambitious with this project. Wouldn’t it be awesome though if I actually made a King cake?! They are delish! So I’ve found a few recipes..I’m going to read through them a few times (something I never do) and consult with my mom to chose which mountain I’m actually capable of climbing. I’ll keep ya’ll posted :)
Possible Recipes:
| Mardi Gras King Cake from AllRecipes.com |
| Emeril’s King Cake |
| MardiGrasDay.com Recipe |
1 comment:
OMG I LOVE king cake!!! Had 2 pieces of it today at work....I'll totally act surprised!
Post a Comment