Thursday, March 25, 2010

"keep calm and carry on"

I think I'm last to catch on, but I've been seeing the "keep calm and carry on print" everywhere lately. I love the idea of a graphic print.
Maybe one in the bathroom? I think a punch of color and a little whimsy would go well with the blue. I've chosen to own it.


After seeing the raves about Rustoleum's "Heirloom White" ALL over blogosphere, I had to try it. First, for all of you that are wanting to try it - you can't get it at Lowe's, Home Depot, or even Ace Hardware. I finally found the spray paint at Hobby Lobby. (Oklahoma's local craft store.) I'm definately more comfortable with the latex, but spray paint was all I could find. And I've been searching for days. So, sold. I had already primed the nightstand and mirror with two coats of Zinsser last weekend. Out to the garage I went.
I'm no spray painting pro, but I've been studying up on what to use and how to use it for awhile now. I read the directions on the can. It was 57 degrees outside. I thought I was good to go. And I sprayed away. 
Ok tell me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it look really creamier? That's two coats, not completely dry, and I took the pics when it was dark. I'm just worried. Look at all these other beautiful redos with the Heirloom White. I don't think the color looks close to mine.



I'm hoing tonight when I open the garage, it's magically right. I'll keep you posted.

I'm still loving the Woodrow Wilson's Putty. We finished painting the living room last weekend during the freak snow. (Well, Preston did most of the painting while I got my hair did.) No tv on the wall unless the room was painted was our deal. So here it is completed.
Here's the same color in our guest room. It's perfect. Makes everything look cleaner.
I'm no photog, but can you see the color of the door in the living room picture above? It's really bugging me. In entire house, the doors matched the color on the walls. Who paints doors to match the walls?? I'm still trying to talk P into painting all the interior doors black. How classy is this? I love the glossy look too. Not only do I love the black, but I'm having slight anxiety about finding the correct white for the doors to match the baseboards. Even though all the baseboards appear to be just primed. I'd rather not create more work by having to repaint baseboards and doors at the same time. Painting the doors black would help put off the painting of the baseboards. (Who am I kidding about the slight anxiety? It's more like major. On top of everything else that I have anxiety about while decorating the house!) 
Look what my sister redid! Sorry - this is an iphone pic, and I don't have a before. But it was black and drab. Good job, Care!
 One more thing - sister wanted to see the new rug. 
I spy a lawn chair. Yes- we decorated with lawn chairs for awhile. Don't judge. We picked up the matching loveseat the other day so the lawn chairs are now in the closet. I guess our next purchase will be the recliner. *gulp*

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

dig the rug!! and you better not be letting preston get an ugly man-chair...dont give in!!