Tuesday, March 16, 2010

turning the page

41c3t943m9l I FINALLY finished Peace Like a River. I was on a book or 2 month roll in ‘09 but come December/Christmas, I slowed down. I started Peace Like a River early December after my aunt and I swapped our favorites.(Mine: Life of Pi. Haven’t read it? DO!) Let me tell ya, Christmas isn’t the only reason it took my 3+ months to finish this one. I didn’t like it! I’m not sure why, and I feel bad K for saying this, but it didn’t move me like you and Grandma spoke about? The story is about a family in a cross country journey looking for their jail escaped, murderer brother. Well, murdered only to protect his family. Their miracle-maker father has this peace and calm about him like he just knows throughout the whole journey. It ends with them back home..definitely came full circle. I guess I thought it was ok. But it was slow. The 20 pages were the best part and left me 3/4 full :) Has anyone else read this? I’m not saying dont..I’m just saying don’t pick up if you have others on your list.
In googling, the book I found that they are making it into a movie. And guess who is staring? Billy Bob. I will for sure be seeing the movie.
Now I can start The Help. My mom has read it and loved it. Can’t wait to finish; hopefully, before the movie comes out!
signature2

No comments: