Basically, I want this picture in my house.
Thank you, Emily, for e-mailing me a copy! I'm in love. I really want items and pictures in our home to reflect where Preston and I each come from, and this pic is perfect. (P always has lots of questions about oil rigs, too. So this is perfect. Can I say it's perfect anymore?!)
Last week I discovered a new resale shop in town. And it was a gold mine. HUGE and unairconditioned, but a gold mine non the less. There were many well priced items. I took a few pictures of my favorites.
There were a pair of these lamps I thought they were so interesting and a great height for side tables.
The ugliest thrift store owl ever. He didn't come home with me..
I loved this little plate! I snatched it up. It'll be a perfect "us" touch for the house.
I got this mirrored tray but need help finding a place for it. Help.
Loved this.
Wheels. Yellow. Love.
Today, Christine and I made a quick run through Ross.
Today's buys:
This guy's destined for a paint job.
And now, the grand finale buy of the week. Let me preface with this: I have been lusting over campaign dressers for months now. Every time I loooked, Joi seemed to be posting a Craig's list campaign dresser in a town far, far away, waiting to find it's home.
I had to have my own. I just wanted to make it pretty like these beauties.
Someone at work found this one at the new found resale shop. I had to make it mine.
Sold. Two days later it was mine (our ours). I'm so nervous to remove the hardware and repaint, but I think someday I may give it a fresh coat of glossy, black paint.
For now, it sits in our newly painted office. Home sweet home :)
One last thing. I am having the hardest getting through this book. Is it bad to give up? I normally hate to quit on books... it's not bad. It's just one I have to finish, you know? What do you think? Push through another 100 or so pages? Or put it on the shelf?
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!









6 comments:
Nice score! Let's see it in your office! : )
I love the green! Or maybe I just love the tassels? either way its' adorable! Let's see how you accesorize it now!
ok where do you live now? if this thrift store is in Oklahoma I would LOVE to know about it. that bed is AMAZING
I'm so happy I could finally see your blog! I love the look of it!
Em... you make me laugh.
I love all your great finds! I want to thrift shop with you one afternoon... preferably in an air-conditioned facility. not an easy ammenity to come by in the thrift-store world. so, i might have to wait until evelyn arrives & it's below 80 degrees outside... possibly below 70.
as far as the mirror tray goes. i see it in a feminine powder room with your perfumes on it. ??
xoxo
e
Hi! Great blog! Yes, love the idea from Baby Loeffler- perfumes would look fantastic. Also, it would make a cute presentation for little vases of flowers or a Bond-esque Martini mini-bar type set up, see;
http://suchprettythings.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/11/target-tuesday-holiday-minibar.html
PS, I love your painted artichoke, too =)
Post a Comment