Tuesday, September 21, 2010

i love lamp

Patience is not my forte. Recovering these lamp shades proved to be challenging, but I'm super pleased with the results. Creating the stencil was the hardest part!

the tools:
newspaper


fabric


and shades! (I also used spray elmer's glue)


Done! The inside of the shade is bugging me. The edge of the fabric is messy. Hoping to add trim soon.

You think you can tell which side of the bed is Preston's?! I didn't even attempt to tidy up in fear of discovering capri sun straw wrappers. The damn things haunt my life.

2 comments:

Sara Michael said...

love the lamp make overs. I love lamps! Tj-maxx has the best ones at the best price if you ever go searching for more!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I also love lamps - I just did a lamp makeover but then found ones I like even better. Ugh. I love them but can't. stop. shopping for them!