Tuesday, September 21, 2010

hold on to your decorating cliches

Jenny at My Favorite and My Best did a series of posts on decorating trends bloggers love to hate with help from her readers. She's hilarious. And offensive. And she hates some things I love.

Including:
  • white kitchens
  • cluttered coffee tables

  • flat screens over the fire place. I don't LOVE this, but come on, the man of the house gives me the other modest 1400 sq ft, I can give him 52" over the fireplace.

  • slip covered furniture
  • wellies under the table. I would die to have wellies to put under my table. (Not really, but I really want some.)

I do agree with her here:
  • hipster weddings. I seriously do.not get the mustache thing??
  • wall decals. especially on front doors. Unless they are house numbers. But in general really don't like these.
  • fabric covered rocks. WTH??
Check out her findings here - 1, 2, 3

No comments: