Name that movie?! Preston and I had a nice little weekend, including two trips to the grocery store, two trips to Lowe's, a trip to the park with the dogs, a sooner win (a bummer of a tigers loss), all topped off with a yummy steak dinner cooked by the man of the house and a wrap up of Dexter season 4 (WOWZA). I also watched a little more True Blood. I still can't say I'm hooked, but I am digging the opening song.
I completed and started a lot of projects around the house that I can't wait to share this week. I was concerned about the interior doors needing trim, but figured I could always go back later and add it if needed. I got about half of the doors painted, and I am IN LOVE. I can't wait to have them all finished. We used Valspar's Dark Kettle Black (4011-2) in a semi gloss interior/exterior paint.
The owners before us did a crappy/quick job repainting the doors and trim, so all if it was really sloppy. All door handles were painted on, trim has just been primed, etc. Real annoying when you're trying to get knobs off the door.
front door before
(I hate that freakin' white storm door, but P swears he'll die before we get rid of it, so storm door it is)
back side of front door and front closet. see the cream?
back of front door after
front closet during :) I used old magazine pages so I wasn't using gobs of tape.
office closet doors (iPhone pic. call me over eager. whatevs)
office door
The doors are really glossy. And again, I'm in love! I can't wait to have them completed, especially the doors to our closets. They're currently blue.
After a long, productive game day, we were all exhausted. Some more than others..
This week's menu:
Sunday
Steak, potatoes and pasta salad
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
pizza
Thursday
pork chops
Friday
My first time to cook Tilapia!
Hope everyone had a productive, sunny, victory filled weekend! Check back throughout the week for more projects from the weekend!

4 comments:
old school.
Love the door!
OMG! They look Amazing!!! Great Job! And Buddy looks pretty content there. :)
Oh and it's from Old School Duh!!!
It's the best line from that movie, either that or, "Honey do you think KFC's still open?"
Haha. Love Old School. "We're going streaking!" and "You're my boy Blue" are two of my other favorite lines.
Love the doors - they look great.
Post a Comment