Monday, October 4, 2010

why aren't all weekends 4 days long?

We had a great time in Dallas this weekend! But I'm so glad I took today off to get back to normal. The house was dirty, kitchen cabinets empty, and my body flat worn out.

This week's meals:
Sunday
Pizza. You really think I was going to cook?!

Monday
White Chile Casserole from Tasty Kitchen courtesy of Kate
We had this for dinner tonight. YUMMO. Easy. Tasty. Enough for leftovers. My kind of meal.

Tuesday
First Tuesday Girl's dinner for me. Leftovers for P. Can't lie, I'm kinda jealous.

Wednesday
Deconstructed Enchiladas from Tasty Kitchen
I'm not sure how I'm going to sneak two Mexican-ish meals in this week. I hadn't planned on the theme, but the white chili casserole is more like enchiladas and less like chili. I may swap this one out...

Thursday
Pork chops, squash - Preston's night

Friday
Can I get away with two nights of leftovers? Here's hoping

Saturday
French onion soup for lunch
Chili for the next 3 days :)

Besides cleaning and napping today, I made hummus and some cinnamon bread. I also finally started the C25K program. If you follow me on twitter, I've thrown around the idea for awhile. Heat was always the biggest deterrent, and I knew the week before OU/TX wasn't going to work. So today was the day. I took the dogs, but I'm not sure I'll ever do that again. They do ok on the leash, but two (overweight) dogs...and squirrels...and interval running...I'm surprised they lasted. Hell, I'm surprised I lasted! I'm proud of myself for actually finishing the entire work out. I hope I can stick to the whole 8 weeks! Stay tuned..

I just took my cinnamon bread out of the oven. Fail on the bread. But the cinnamon, sugar dough tastes yummy :) Just keepin' it real.


2 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I had planned to start c25k last night, but I decided I would rather sit on the couch. :) Tonight is the night!

Christine said...

Maybe I'll start tonight... Maaaybe. I'm not making any promises. And I wanna try that White chile casserole! Bring leftovers!