Thursday, November 11, 2010

hungry for more

I've been a bad book lover ever since we got back from the beach. I haven't finished one book. I really tried to finish "South of Broad" and hope to someday, but it really is a long vacation book. It was hard to read a chapter or two before bed. I'll pick it up again sometime.

For our trip to South Carolina, I packed "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I'm sure I'm the last blogger on the block to read "The Hunger Games" (as I am for most other things :)), but let me tell ya, it was so good.

I read every chance I got while we were there.It was an easy read, moderate in length, but the story really kept you on the edge of your seat. It's kind of Harry Potter meets 1984..but still appropriate for young adults.

I'm really excited to read the other two in the series - "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay". But I'm going to hold out until the paperbacks are released, because I'm a book snob like that. Since I currently have the young adult, fantasy bug, and the movie is getting ready to be released, I think I'm going to read "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" next!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I've never heard of this. Interesting.

Unknown said...

I just finished Mockingjay last week and I LOVED the series. If you thought Hunger Games was good just wait until the next two books. I geeked out with young adult books too, obviously!

ABee said...

Ahhh, I couldn't even pretend to wait after Hunger Games to read the next 2! SO GOOD! I think HG and Catching Fire are the best, but Mockingjay will keep you reading, too, I'm sure. I freakin' love young adult lit! :)