Wednesday, November 3, 2010

it's the most wonderful time of the year!


Per usual, I’m trying to get an early start on this year’s Christmas card. Last year was our first year to send “joint” cards, so this year I thought we’d up our game and send picture cards.

Bring on the pressure. (Probably another reason why I want to start now; so we have a good month or so to take a good pic.)

I’ve been searching card options on multiple websites, and I think I have my favorite choices finally narrowed down. In comes YOU! Help me pick!!

Shutterfly has many great options. Multiple pictures, single pictures, folded card, flat stationary, matte, glossy, landscape, portrait, 5x5, 5x7. See what I mean?!

I really love the folded card, but I’m not sure if I would be able to utilize all the space in the inside. Last year Preston INSISTED on signing his own name, (he received many shocked responses from his side of the fam!), so I plan on us hand signing all the cards. I’m not sure if I have 60+ personal notes inside of me. (I know I'm cold..maybe next year.)



I adore the sleek look of this one, but unfortunately, this year we don't share the same monogram. (Maybe we will in 2011!!)



Would six pictures of just the two of us be vain??



I'm a huge fan of the 5x7. 4x6 seems so 90's :)



Or even the square.



I haven't quite decided. But would appreciate your input and of course I'll let you know once we decide :)

Shutterfly also has holiday photo cards, Christmas invitations, and gift tags!

3 comments:

ChasingHallie said...

We always do our cards through Shutterfly, so great! Plus you can pick them up at your local Target store instead of paying shipping. Always nice.

My favorite is the very last one...perfection.

Sara McCarty said...

I LOVE Christmas card season! Getting cards in the mail is like getting little presents every day! I especially love picture cards. I think we're doing a picture card this year too. I've got a gift certificate to tinyprints.com that I need to use. Love that last square one!

orneryswife said...

Hi. I am new today to your blog. I will tell you that the square card costs more to mail--60 would add up... If you like the cards that open, you can always print out a verse that you write together and affix it to the inside, leaving you a smaller area to write your personal note or just a signature in. Find a cool easy to read font, print it on nice paper or vellum, and use a glue dot or two to tack it down.

By now you've probably already decided on one, but just thought i'd give you my two cents worth.:) (I am a lover of all things snail mail!)
tm