Tuesday, July 12, 2011

beach reads



We're headed to the beach next month, and I need to start planning my books. (Last year's reads recap.) I finished "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" last month. Can I say I was disappointed? It was a STRUGGLE to get through and then all the business shit at the end after the mystery was wrapped up, really bored the hell out of me. I think I'll pack "Girl Who Played with Fire", but it may not get read.

On the "maybe" list"
Girl Who Played with Fire
Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes
Freedom A Novel
Book Thief
South of Broad (One I started last year in SC, and have failed to pick back up)

I need some good girly book recommendations I started "Remember Me?" at the pool last weekend, and I think it will be a quick read. Any others I should add to the list? I also have a Maui honeymoon to book plan for, so the more the merrier!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Fred loved the Girl Who Played with Fire.

Morgan said...

Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. His mom taught 5th grade in Pawhuska!

melissa said...

I thought Girl Who Played With Fire was better than Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, though I did like GWDT. I also really liked Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes.

Tina Fey's Bossypants was a hilarious, quick read. I liked Jennifer Weiner's Fly Away Home. I'm reading Ape House by Sara Gruen and it's good so far. Orange is the New Black was really interesting - a woman's story about spending a year in federal prison. Sounds weird but it was really fascinating.

Are you on Goodreads? That's a great place to get book recommendations.

katie@tulsadetails said...

I am reading Bossypants - hilarious!