I unfortunately have to work on Memorial Day but Preston and I have a growing list of to-do's for our weekend staycation. One being to finish painting the dining room.
We've decided to forgo the punch of blue I was dreaming of and cover the butter color with the Woodrow Wilson's Putty we painted the rest of the house. To add a little separation between the living and dining room, I'm thinking of doing stripes. There are so many different ways to do stripes, I don't know how I'm going to decide! There is a white chair rail currently, which we love, so it stays. As far as the other walls, they all have windows--one into the kitchen, and two to the outside.
Dining room before (before it was OUR's!)
I'm pretty sure my Craig's List wicker lamp will be hung in this room. Once I figure out if it should be painted..or just cleaned. Maybe dark, dark navy? Anyway, back to the stripes. There are so many different options - horizontal or vertical? Same size or varying? Subtle or bold?
Horizontal Stripes
Veritcal Stripes
Varying Size Stripes
Subtle Stripes
You can gain this effect by having differing paint finishes. This may not be enough bang for our buck. But I do love for a bathroom or smaller room.
Bold Stripes
I love this look.
Which one is your favorite? Would you dare to stripe? I think the last picture is my favorite..the army green is so lovely. But to play up our chair rail, I think vertical may be better? (sis, are you reading...help. The green would tie in our neutral rug!)


















1 comment:
Oh gosh! I LOVE STRIPED WALLS! Vertical usually make your ceilings look taller but I just love the idea of doing a horizontal. The wider stripes are my fave! You'll have to take photos of whatever you choose! Or I want to see them in July if you're done :)
Post a Comment