Tuesday, September 7, 2010

in need of a vacation after my vacation

This weekend my mom, sister and I hit up Dallas for some serious shopping and girl time. Saturday was spent at Ikea and watching the OU football game. We also had some delicious food after mom convinced me and the sister 9 pm was too early to go to bed. I'm no longer a seasoned shopper and beer makes me sleepy now. More about the Ikea purchase later.

Preston gets home from his guys Florida trip today and will be shocked at the new decor! Its going to be nice to have curtains on the front windows that the dogs can't peak through to bark at passer bys. Today is also his birthday so I'm trying to get back in the mode and cook something yummy for the guy.

This week's menu:

Monday
A good friend just had her sweet baby girl, so I put together PW Chicken Spaghetti. Preston won't eat this so I froze a little, ate a little, and I'll take the rest to the Loefflers

Tuesday
He's back. Sullivan's Island Shrimp Bog is whats for dinner. Rachel has had this before and said it was yummy. Hopefully I get the same results.

Wednesday
Leftovers?? Fingers crossed. I always have that frozen pizza for desperate times.

Thursday
Another guaranteed two nighter - sausage pasta with spinach and tomatoes

Friday
Leftovers!!!

Saturday
Game day AND P's birthday meal..get ready for this. Shrimp and grits, key lime pie, Oyster shots (my fave) and basil mojitos. Hopefully I can get my dad to make his yummy pie, and I'm still trying to decide between these two S&G recipes. Bobby's looks simple and good. The drinks of this meal are my favorite part! But I'm thinking I'll need to provide a few more apps for the crowd. Any ideas? Maybe fried green tomatoes? Can you get green tomatoes in Oklahoma?

1 comment:

Morgan said...

fried green tomatoes are the only way I'll eat tomatoes.

You could do an easy spinach and artichoke dip and chips.

Mojitos are the best!